Money is tight right now, for everyone. The girls love movies but sometimes it is just not possible to give them everything they need and go to the movies. Especially since school is right around the corner. The money has to go to school supplies and clothes. I know it is hard on them because they want to have fun, but sometimes my hands are tied. But that doesn’t mean all is lost. Once a month I try to do a movie night in. Sometimes it doesn’t work out, but we try. Since money is tight for the movies, take out is something that doesn’t happen very often either. So we typically make our food at home. Chinese food is a treat in this house. First of all it is not very healthy so I don’t want the girls eating it all the time and second of all it takes a while to fix. But oh my is it good when we do have it.
I put a call out to my bloggy friends again and they came through with some of the most delicious chinese food recipes and they will make you forget chinese take out exists. They are easy to prepare and taste amazing! Of course what good is movie night in without movies. I have also included our top 10 movies for movie night!
- Because of Winn Dixie
- Oz, The Great and Powerful
- Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone
- Independence Day
- Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
- Monsters Inc
- Percy Jackson and The Lightening Thief
- The Princess Diaries
Easy Chinese recipes that are easy to prepare and oh so delicious! These are courtesy of my bloggy friends, so please stop by their blog and say hi. They love when people visit!
- Shrimp and Veggie Egg Drop Soup
- Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles:
- Chinese 5 Spice Lamb Chops:
- General Tso’s Chicken:
- Shrimp and Veggie Lo Mein:
- Dim Sum
- Sesame “Scallop” Fried Rice
- Avocado Shiitake Spring Rolls:
- Vegetarian Hot and Sour Soup:
- Shrimp and Pork Dumplings
- Pot Roast Egg Rolls:
- Orange Chicken
- Shrimp Fried Rice:
- Chinese Braised Chicken with Chestnuts Recipe
- Mu Shu ish Leftover Chicken Burritto’s
- Almond Cookies:
- Zhurou Chao Mogu (Chinese Pork and Mushroom Stir-Fry) ( we tried this one and OMG, it is amazing!)
- Chinese Marbled Tea Eggs:
- Crispy Baked General Tso’s Sweet Chili Chicken Strips
- Asian Sesame Salmon
For amazing spring rolls check out this step by step video. It will have you making spring rolls like a pro in no time!