I am always looking for easy and delicious. So when Simply Asia asked me to come up with 3 recipes using their brand for a blogger challenge I was all over it! I came up with 3 but my favorite is the Kung Pao Chicken and Cream Cheese Wontons! I would love it if you would vote for it in their food challenge! It is easy to vote:
- Like the page
- Click on View entries
- Click on the Kung Pao Chicken and Cream Cheese Wontons pic and then vote!
See, easy peasy!
- 1 12oz cup of soft cream cheese
- 1 8oz bag of Grilled and Ready Chicken, diced small ( I use Tyson. It is found in the meat section or by the packaged lunch meat in your store. You can seen an example HERE)
- 1 tbsp. Garlic ( I used a clove but you can use powdered. It is totally your preference.)
- 3 tbsp. Simply Asia Kung Pao Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 Wonton Wrappers
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, chicken, garlic, sauce and onion.
- In a small bowl beat egg with whisk.
- In a large heavy pot start heating your oil to 375 degrees. Use a deep fry thememorter to get a correct reading on the oils temperature.
- Working on wax paper, lay down your wonton wrapper. Using a pastry brush, brush a little of the beaten egg on the sides of the wrapper. Place 1 tsp. of the mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Pinch the sides up until the mixture is completely sealed inside the wrapper. Lay on a wire rack until you are ready to fry. Do this until you have used up all your wrappers.
- Drop 4 or 5 of your wontons into the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.